An inaugural Sensu community event will be held August 15–16, 2017 at the Portland Art Museum!
Update (Wednesday, May 24, 2017): registration is now available on the Sensu website at https://sensuapp.org/summit.
Update (Friday, May 5, 2017): we are busy working on getting the website and CFP ready. In the interim, a new email address is now available for connecting with our organizing committee; please contact email@example.com with any questions or feedback.
Hello, friends! It’s hard to believe how quickly the past 10+ weeks have passed since announcing the formation of Sensu, Inc. and corresponding venture capital financing. While we have kept ourselves plenty busy with making new friends and growing our team, we’ve also been visiting with new and existing customers and collecting their feedback on Sensu. One of the surprising outcomes from these conversations is our realization that the time has come to start organizing dedicated Sensu community events. Sensu Enterprise customers, prominent Sensu Core users, and Sensu Partners alike have all told us they would like to participate in these events, and so they shall!
We are very pleased to announce today that arrangements have been made to host an inaugural “Sensu Summit” event this coming August 15–16, 2017 at the Portland Art Museum in Portland, Oregon! Here’s what to expect from this first time Sensu community event:
Tuesday August 15, 2017 – main event (single-track)
Here’s what we have planned for the first day of the Sensu Summit:
- Keynote presentation from Sean Porter (original author of the Sensu monitoring framework, and CTO & Co-founder of Sensu, Inc.)
- Featured presentations from Sensu Core and Sensu Enterprise users, including those from GoDaddy, General Electric, Yelp, and more (already confirmed), on how they are using Sensu at scale
- Partner presentations from Puppet and others (work in progress)
- Lightning talks from Sensu community members (CFP coming soon)
- Closing keynote presentation from Greg Poirier (VP Engineering) on the next-generation Sensu platform (the first public technical deep dive on what we’ve been building)
- Catered breakfast and lunch, and a hosted after-party!
Wednesday August 16, 2017 – community events (multi-track) Here’s what we have planned for the second day of the Sensu Summit:
- Inaugural Community Advisory Board meeting (invite-only). A small selection of influential customers and community members will be invited to participate in a round-table discussion with the Sensu engineering team on a wide variety of topics, including the open source Sensu monitoring framework roadmap. NOTE: the advisory board meeting will be held off-site from the Sensu Summit event at a nearby event space.
- Special one-day Sensu Training, focused on advanced topics and more recent additions to the Sensu framework.
- Community organized events! We will have a dedicated hacking space with round tables for groups to participate in “hack day” projects around the open source Sensu framework. Members of the Sensu engineering and support teams will be present to answer questions and assist.
Please note the following talking points which may be helpful in socializing the value proposition of the event within your organization:
- Meet the entire Sensu engineering, technical support, and customer success teams!
- Meet 100–200 other attendees, including other Sensu Core and Sensu Enterprise users, partner vendors (e.g. Puppet, InfluxDB, Grafana, Pagerduty, etc), and community contributors (e.g. sensu-plugins maintainers)
- See the first public technical deep-dive on “next-generation Sensu”
- Sensu Jobs Board (all attendees are welcome to post job openings, and meet other qualified Sensu operators & engineers)
- Special one-day Sensu Training event
- Have fun, and feel the #monitoringlove!
We are excited… can you tell?
Tell me more!
While we are very excited to share this news with the Sensu community today, we still have a lot of work to do. As for next steps, we are planning on early bird registration becoming available on Monday May 15 for a price of $149. A CFP for community lightning talks will also be made available ASAP, along with a landing page for the event on the Sensu website.
We can’t wait to see you all at the #SensuSummit!